Sunday, July 14, 2013

Summer Projects

 The biggest project for the early summer was to get the goats moved up to Kanosh from St. George.  The existing fencing on the farm is approx. 100 year old barbed wire.  It might hold a tame cow but not goats.  So, a pen needed to be built.  I decided on an approx. 2 acre pen in the North East corner of the front 8 acres. 

Getting the corners set, the back corner is visible 450 feet away.




On the property line I built the new fence up against the old existing fence.  This is the new corner, existing fence and fence building obstacles.





Trimming up some posts to use at my feeder fence area.











Getting started with the feeder fence posts. The hay stack backstop is in.













The 2 acre pen was taking too long for me to build by myself, but I could not wait any longer to move the goats to the farm.  I borrowed some fence panels from one of my Kanosh neighbors to make a small temporary pen. Then I built a wire lid for my dump trailer and we loaded up the goats.

















 I finally got the larger pen complete, I just don't have a good picture of it.  You can see it in the back ground of this picture Janna took of the pretty clouds.










No comments:

Post a Comment