Sunday, November 11, 2012

Modern Conveniences





One of the first priorities after getting the septic and the water connected is to get the bathroom in working order.  This is the tub/shower ready for tile or something barnyish.  Process is: moisture barrier, hardy backer, red guard.












This is my experiment with barn type materials,  corrugated sheet metal.  I still need to trim out the window.










 I am liking my home made tub and shower valve.










I have connected a small (5 gal.) propane water heater.  The showers need to be short but that is better than using the sink at the park restrooms.
We or I try to spend the night when possible to save a little on gas money.  Over the weekend Kanosh received about 12 inches of snow.  Monday I got started on my latest "To Do" list.  Monday night it was approx. 15 degrees outside but inside it only got down to 35 degrees.  Tuesday was a beautiful sunny 38 degrees.
I am working on getting a little wood stove installed to help warm things up.  I am not far enough along to show any pictures of that project.  But, one of the things on my list was the shower curtain rod.  I used 3/4 inch copper pipe to match the tub and shower valve.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. This bathroom is legit! Love it. Kelly says you are very creative and artsy. I said you try not to admit it but you pride yourself on that. We love the corrugated metal ans the copper. So awesome! Kelly has the 16th through the 20th off of Dec. we may need to make a pit stop ...

    ReplyDelete